You can have the most fantastic business-to-business (B2B) software or technology solution, but it’s not going to win in the market until it wins its own unique position in your prospects’ minds.
Learn a proven business process that will help you own a special position with real meaning to your target market. Messages that Matter offers a “how-to” positioning workshop on-site or on-line that gives your company the knowledge and tools to develop a winning position in your market. Click here to download our positioning workshop brochure.
“How To Position for B2B Marketing Success” presents a proven business process for developing positioning strategies that create awareness and demand for your B2B software, solution or service. The benefits of effective positioning include:
- Increased sales, market share and profit
- Stronger preference for your company’s brands
- Higher competitive barriers
- Committed, lifetime customers
- Marketing efficiency
In the workshops, taught by Messages that Matter co-founder Lawson Abinanti, you learn how to create compelling, unique positioning strategies. Learn how to create a benefit-oriented message strategy that address your target markets’ most pressing concerns, and the importance of executing it consistently in all marketing communications.
On-site workshops start with a morning session detailing the issues, techniques and processes of positioning, followed by an afternoon session in which teams apply what they have learned.
The morning session and the on-line workshop present a business process that clarifies the assumptions, procedures, questions and evaluation criteria needed to develop effective positioning for your product, service, solution, offering or company. It includes:
- Three Key Assumptions to start the process
- Analyzing the Three Cs – customers, competition and channel
- Three Questions to ask during the message development process
- The Three “Whats” – What is it? What does it do? What does it deliver?
- The Four Criteria for evaluating your positioning
- Validating potential positioning strategies
The business process for positioning addresses several problems commonly found in B2B high technology marketing, such as:
- Me-Too Marketing – Competitors often employ virtually identical message strategies in communicating to prospective customers;
- The message does not matter to the target audience. Marketing campaigns fail because they are not carefully targeted nor do they communicate a compelling benefit.
- Claims that fail any reasonable test of credibility;
- Long sales cycles due to market confusion; i.e., unclear, me-too marketing;
- Product is Hero – The mistaken belief that positioning is about the product and its features.
- A shotgun approach that usually misses the target by claiming multiple benefits instead of a single, compelling benefit message.
The morning and on-line session conclude with a discussion of how to develop supporting claims for the positioning statement, how to manage your message, and the benefits of an effective message strategy.
The on-line workshop lasts 90 minutes. Questions are answered throughout the workshop. The on-line workshop fee is $500 and includes our eBook ($159 value) and an Excel application (not available for purchase) that creates perceptual maps that make it easy to see how you are positioned relative to the competition. The fee also includes a 15-minute coaching session to review your work that results from following our positioning process.
The on-site workshop includes afternoon hands-on breakout sessions during which your marketing and product marketing professionals apply what they have just learned in the morning session. Topics are tailored to your specific needs and can include: 1) an analysis of competitors’ positioning strategies; 2) assessment of your existing positioning and message strategy; 3) positioning a new product, solution or service. In each case, small groups work independently and then present and defend their findings in front of the group.
Workshop participants learn to create well-documented message strategies that serve as the foundation for all marketing communications. By creating a message strategy, you can more easily deliver the same message across all marketing media including web sites, brochures, advertisements and presentations to investors, industry analysts and prospects. By consistently repeating your message, you’ll create the awareness and demand that will give you the position you want in your market.
Let’s Get Started
Call us at (425) 688-0104 or email email@example.com to discuss scheduling an on-site workshop. Click here to sign up for the on-line workshop available at your convenience.